My speciality is making bespoke clothing & costumes for men, women & children of all ages, shapes & sizes. Sometimes I make the accessories as well.
I make to my clients' personal measurements wherever possible. Clients must be available for fittings at various key stages - first in a calico mock-up of the garment, then in the 'real' fabric. The amount of fittings varies from garment to garment.
Most clients purchase their own fabrics, but I can advise & help with sourcing. If a client provides a commercial pattern it must be in the correct size for their actual measurements. Fittings must be done with the underwear & shoes the client will be wearing with the finished garment, so that we get the right silhouette & length (this mainly applies to fitted garments & costumes).
The process goes something like this:
- we speak on the phone or via e-mail.
- we meet for an initial consultation to discuss design, fabric, time scales, price etc. If appropriate, I take your measurements & we arrange a first fitting appointment. At this point a deposit is required.
- first fitting, in the calico mock-up. We arrange our next meeting. Fittings continue as neccessary, in calico or the 'real' fabric. Once the 'real' fabric is cut, no design details can be altered.
- final fitting/check, final payment is made, then you can take it home!
This list is intended as a guide. It includes only a small selection of what I make.
Prices shown are for labour only - not including fabrics - and are for machine stitched, hand finished garments.
I can help clients source fabrics if necessary.
All shapes, sizes, needs and personal orientations are welcome.
Exact prices are dependent on design, and a quote can be given after discussion with the client.
Clients are required to pay a deposit and sign a Statement of Work before work commences.
Terms & Conditions can be found here.
Stays/corset from £250
Plain petticoat/skirt from £70
Ruffled C19th petticoat from £120
Chemise/shift from £50
C18th/mid-late C19th dress from £250
Early C19th dress (Regency) from £200
C18th jacket from £150
Early C19th spencer from £120
Mid-late C19th bodice from £200
Shirt from £70
Breeches/trousers from £120
Waistcoat from £120
Sleeved waistcoat/jacket/coat from £250
Cloak from £80
* Please note that these prices are approximate and do not include fabrics. Contact me to discuss your needs and for a full quote.
43 Shickle Grove, Odd Down, Bath BA2 2TP, UK
Visits by prearranged appointment